Day 2 Keynote: Complying with the GDPR: It’s Not About Me, It’s About You
For several years organizations have been flooded with regulations mandating that they assess their risks and improve their management.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is different. GDPR represents a complete overhaul of 30-year-old privacy laws and is designed to reflect the realities of the internet age including cyber-crime that has grown with it. It sees the world from the consumer’s point of view and insists organizations manage risk from the perspective of the consumer.
Is this a new concept or simply a reminder for us to “Put the customer first?” The answer is ‘both.’ Data lies at the heart of the organization so it follows that effective governance of personal data enables regulatory compliance and empowers the organization to grow its business around its knowledge of the customer and his/her needs.
In this presentation, Dennis will explain:
- People’s rights, regulators’ powers, and organizations impacted by the GDPR
- What is – and what is not – Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- The impact on your organization’s management, culture, processes, and systems
- The severe penalties for non-compliance
- Key actions to take now so you’re ready to comply on May 25, 2018
- What governance can and cannot do